TalkSabah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TalkSabah

Discuss,Share, inspire..

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Pet fish

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:17 am

Tilapia_Fry

Regular
Regular

How bout fish?

2My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:43 pm

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Pardon the obvious, but is your pet fish a Tilapia?
Laughing
Although, correct me if i'm wrong, don't they tend to end up on a dining table in some restaurant:?:

So far, the fish i've attempted to keep in the past go belly up come morning. Shakehead
So i resorted to the furry species, cats.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

What is your origin and what are your current co-ordinates?

Suspect
Pilot.

3My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:02 am

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

I like fish too. Steamed or deep fried. Laughing Sorry.

Seriously I dont like fish for pets. They look so sad swimming in glass containers or even in a 100' X 100' aquarium. Those creatures are meant to be free. Same thing goes for birds. I really hate seeing them in cages.
Sad

4My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:18 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

exactly. i prefer a pet i can hold. well hold is too polite a word, what i mean is squish silly. could be why my sumo of a cat is always trying to hide... Laughing

5My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:45 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

Tilapia_Fry wrote:How bout fish?

Tilapia, I dont mind keeping fishes as a pet * ducks projectiles* because sya suka study them up close and personal .

Sy suka simpan ikan dlm aquarium for research purposes... for example, mengukur berapa cepat dia besar apabila kita cuba bagi dia jenis2 makanan yg berlainan but aquarium fish as a past-time is a big thing for the fans...sy tau because diorg mampu berbuat apa sahaja asal ikan diorg selesa...

Oh and btw, there are still many reasons why aquarium fish hobby is a good thing, because just as much we like keeping them so we can look at it, enthusiasts are also very keen of breeding diff kinds of fish in captivity.

https://talksabah.forumotion.com

6My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 am

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

Junkers 109 wrote:
Tilapia_Fry wrote:How bout fish?

Tilapia, I dont mind keeping fishes as a pet * ducks projectiles* because sya suka study them up close and personal .

Sy suka simpan ikan dlm aquarium for research purposes... for example, mengukur berapa cepat dia besar apabila kita cuba bagi dia jenis2 makanan yg berlainan but aquarium fish as a past-time is a big thing for the fans...sy tau because diorg mampu berbuat apa sahaja asal ikan diorg selesa...

Oh and btw, there are still many reasons why aquarium fish hobby is a good thing, because just as much we like keeping them so we can look at it, enthusiasts are also very keen of breeding diff kinds of fish in captivity.

Alaa laa...ko suka piara ikan ka boss? Tia pa la..asal ko kasi dorang tempat yg besar - bukan tu 1' X 1' X 2' punya aquarium - with all kinds of benefits like rotated menu and enough "toys" in the tank, and most important mesti ada partner/s. Laughing

7My Pet fish Empty Pets & their Toys Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:24 pm

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Speaking of fishes and their toys. It seems to me, the usual toy is always a treasure chest that bubbles open or a sort of castle/palace to swim through. Has this got to do with the myth or legend of Atlantis? pirat So these fishes prefer to live a life of luxury - castles and all.

And in hamster cages, there are always wheels. Do they have deep-rooted Olympic dreams or something?

Suspect

8My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

PilotInspektor wrote:Speaking of fishes and their toys. It seems to me, the usual toy is always a treasure chest that bubbles open or a sort of castle/palace to swim through. Has this got to do with the myth or legend of Atlantis? pirat So these fishes prefer to live a life of luxury - castles and all.

And in hamster cages, there are always wheels. Do they have deep-rooted Olympic dreams or something?

Suspect

Not at all Pilot. Quite a number of restaurateurs in Kota Kinabalu keep fish as pets and as decorative items. And the "toys" in the tanks are mostly real dead wood, pebbles and river stones. Some even have live water plants. The idea is to let the fish have an environment as close to their natural habitat.

Miniature treadmills for hamsters are not yet available, hence the wheels. Laughing

9My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:29 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Not at all Pilot. Quite a number of restaurateurs in Kota Kinabalu keep fish as pets and as decorative items. And the "toys" in the tanks are mostly real dead wood, pebbles and river stones. Some even have live water plants. The idea is to let the fish have an environment as close to their natural habitat.

Miniature treadmills for hamsters are not yet available, hence the wheels. Laughing[/quote]

Oh wonderful to hear. Now i can rest easy knowing that at least the fishes in Sabah are getting some real nature in their habitat. And not some deluded sense of achievement.
Smile

10My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:18 am

KiCkOutPTI

Regular
Regular

I have a blue lobster before. Died in 4 months Sad .

11My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:23 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

KiCkOutPTI wrote:I have a blue lobster before. Died in 4 months Sad .

how big did it grew?

12My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:27 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

KiCkOutPTI wrote:I have a blue lobster before. Died in 4 months Sad .

For how long did you have this lobster? I feel you.
I know what it's like to lose a pet.
What was its name?

*tries her level best to not ask the next obvious question*
Shakehead
*succeeds*

13My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:42 am

KiCkOutPTI

Regular
Regular

It's 6 cm long. I called him Davy Jones (you know who). I enjoyed watching him daily. I purposely feed him with feeder fish instead of giving him pellets, just because I wanted him to kill fish. Yes, it's a predator lobster.

14My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:48 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

KiCkOutPTI wrote:It's 6 cm long. I called him Davy Jones (you know who). I enjoyed watching him daily. I purposely feed him with feeder fish instead of giving him pellets, just because I wanted him to kill fish. Yes, it's a predator lobster.

RESPECT!! Laughing
Like if i had a sparrow....i woulda called him Jack.
Laughing

15My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:10 am

KiCkOutPTI

Regular
Regular

PilotInspektor wrote:

RESPECT!! Laughing
Laughing

Lol. Captain Sparrow. Are you Canadian? It seems that you chat like Canadian.

16My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:32 am

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

PilotInspektor wrote:
Laughing [/color][/font]

Sure you dont want an octopus and call him "kraken"? Laughing

17My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:36 pm

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Sure you dont want an octopus and call him "kraken"? Laughing[/quote]

Errm.....Octupuses/Octopi, they kinda freak me out. Used to have reccuring childhood nightmares of a giant octopus flinging me around between its 8 tentacles before swallowing me whole in a large swimming pool. Suspect

18My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:48 pm

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

I dont want 'em for pets but they sure taste good in a Japanese restaurant.

19My Pet fish Empty Re: My Pet fish Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:55 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

aik mana suda si pembuka thread? Sad Twitter

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum