TalkSabah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TalkSabah

Discuss,Share, inspire..

You are not connected. Please login or register

welcome to Talk2Talk

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1welcome to Talk2Talk Empty welcome to Talk2Talk Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:20 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

our leisure one of a time sit back cafe community

https://talksabah.forumotion.com

2welcome to Talk2Talk Empty Re: welcome to Talk2Talk Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:54 pm

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

What's crackerlackin'?? Laughing

At the risk of sounding painfully cliche, i just HAVE to say T.G.I.F

What's going on in your part of the world? Not that we're THAT far apart from each other but you know what i mean.

It's been quite a slow morning. Speaking of which...
Junkers....what's the brew of the day? A good cuppa java should do the trick.

If I may, I'd like to share a quote here, favored by a good friend of mine.
From one John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester.

"Women and men of wit are dangerous tools.
And ever fatal to admiring fools.
Pleasure allures and when the fops escape,
'Tis not what they belov'd but fortunate,
And therefore what they fear, at heart they hate."

Another fun fact, not sure if you have this where you are.

When you're doing a transaction at an ATM here, (not too sure if it applies to all the banks) just after you've keyed in whatever command, a quote would appear on the screen. Either by some Eastern philosoper or some Western Novelist. Now, it used to appear more frequently THROUGHOUT the transaction process. Rendering the transactee blur like sotong. There you are trying to withdraw money or transfer some funds, and quotes would just pop up on the screen. Distracting. So I suppose after much 'feedback', as Singaporeans love to feedback. Feedback a.k.a Complain. They configured for the quotes to appear only once, at the end of transaction, just before the cash comes out of the machine. So for that brief 5 seconds, you are enlightened. God knows if you still feel so learned after leaving the ATM.

Wishing all of you, a good Friday...

3welcome to Talk2Talk Empty Re: welcome to Talk2Talk Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:56 am

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

Friday????? I almost didn't notice. Time moves so fast or maybe I'm moving too slow.
BTW does any of you guys believe that Friday 13s bring bad luck?

We had a Friday 13 each in February and March and another one coming in November.

4welcome to Talk2Talk Empty Re: welcome to Talk2Talk Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

Friday the 13, ah...what a fine year this is and why thanks for pointing that out. An Thanks for adding more colour to my life now.

Doesnt really matter if number 13 is a lucky or unlucky one because it is certainly my big day. And no its not my anniversary, its just my birthday Laughing

5welcome to Talk2Talk Empty Re: welcome to Talk2Talk Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:50 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

I have to say, i'm not superstitious. Although, i do believe in leaving broken mirrors for 7 hours. So just in that bit?? lol. Other than that, i live my life based on 'every action begets a reaction' so on and so forth. I do however believe in karma, or in more modern terms, retribution. Heheh. It all works fabulously.

[color=indigo]And yes.....Friday the 13th, well the one in February at least, boss Junkers' birthday. [/color]

6welcome to Talk2Talk Empty Re: welcome to Talk2Talk Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:57 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

PilotInspektor wrote:I have to say, i'm not superstitious. Although, i do believe in leaving broken mirrors for 7 hours. So just in that bit?? lol. Other than that, i live my life based on 'every action begets a reaction' so on and so forth. I do however believe in karma, or in more modern terms, retribution. Heheh. It all works fabulously.

[color=indigo]And yes.....Friday the 13th, well the one in February at least, boss Junkers' birthday. [/color]

hello there Pilot, enjoying another cuppa java as a weekend finale?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum