TalkSabah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TalkSabah

Discuss,Share, inspire..

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mount Kinabalu

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mount Kinabalu Empty Mount Kinabalu Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:22 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

this certainly is my most favourite Mount Kinabalu You tube video in the internet..

I've climbed Mount Kinabalu twice and with every experience I look forward to scale the ashen blue granite walls once again. Its a fulfilling experience and an adventure from foothill to the peak is like a story of life.

Here we are, greeted by a world so unlike ours, its foggy serene beauty drenched in eternal mystery.

The long and winding journey, its tribulations and challenges.The exchange of smiles between strangers of different nationalities sharing the very same path.

This changing of vegetation is like passing by different worlds. Each so different from what it was when we began.

Night fell,and we rest for the night- huddling around like old women .

Early next morning, guided by stars and the song from our guides, we climbed the frozen granite walls anxiously and cautiously. Gripped by tensed nerves and clenched teeth we throw ourselves against the chilling winds, where occasionally taking cover underneath pockets of rock formations as we inch closer to the peak.

Funny how towards the end is when life decides to throw its entire weight on you but with perseverance and resilience....

Comes Light.

Last edited by Junkers 109 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

https://talksabah.forumotion.com

2Mount Kinabalu Empty Re: Mount Kinabalu Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:26 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Aiseh man.....

What an inspiring post to come home to. Plus after watching the vid, lagi inspired. My favorite part of the vid, the bit with the guy in the rocks, 'Is someone lost?'. Classic.

But without a doubt, pristine beauty that which is Mt. Kinabalu. I've only had the humble pleasure of dining at some restaurant at the foot of the mountain. I left my gear at the hotel that day and therefore couldn't make the trek.... Rolling Eyes

So boss Junkers! When will you be posting a video documentary of your climb to the summit eh??

3Mount Kinabalu Empty Re: Mount Kinabalu Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

Mount Kinabalu 1731400-The_mammoth_Mount_Kinabalu_Symbol_of_Sabah-State_of_Sabah
Btw, there's this mysterious magnetic connection you can feel if you look closely at these ashen blue ranges of Mt. Kinabalu.

They resemble immortal elders at guard, and ever watchful.

4Mount Kinabalu Empty Re: Mount Kinabalu Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

Junkers 109 wrote:this certainly is my most favourite Mount Kinabalu You tube video in the internet..

I've climbed Mount Kinabalu twice and with every experience I look forward to scale the ashen blue granite walls once again. Its a fulfilling experience and an adventure from foothill to the peak is like a story of life.

Here we are, greeted by a world so unlike ours, its foggy serene beauty drenched in eternal mystery.

The long and winding journey, its tribulations and challenges.The exchange of smiles between strangers of different nationalities sharing the very same path.

This changing of vegetation is like passing by different worlds. Each so different from what it was when we began.

Night fell,and we rest for the night- huddling around like old women .

Early next morning, guided by stars and the song from our guides, we climbed the frozen granite walls anxiously and cautiously. Gripped by tensed nerves and clenched teeth we throw ourselves against the chilling winds, where occasionally taking cover underneath pockets of rock formations as we inch closer to the peak.

Funny how towards the end is when life decides to throw its entire weight on you but with perseverance and resilience....

Comes Light.

This is truly the best video of Mt Kinabalu on YouTube. Makes me feel homesick. I've climb the mountain once but I'd like to do it again via the Mesilau Trail.

5Mount Kinabalu Empty Re: Mount Kinabalu Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:47 am

KiCkOutPTI

Regular
Regular

Nice vid. However, I never climb Mount Kinabalu before. I don't know why I never experience it. Every time I plan to climb Kinabalu with my friends, all back out including me Disgusted .

6Mount Kinabalu Empty Re: Mount Kinabalu Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:19 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

KiCkOutPTI wrote:Nice vid. However, I never climb Mount Kinabalu with my friends, all back out including me Disgusted .

KickOutPTI, I will remember this post, hopefully it can provide a good reason for all of us to climb the mountain again sometime in the future and maybe some Hinava too. Laughing

Climbing Mount Kinabalu is def a fulfilling experience...but am just concerned with the rising hike rates these days, the tourism board should promote more to increase tourist arrivals rather than depending on collecting gate- rates.

Then again theres always Trusmadi I reckon, but does anyone know if there's already a trail being set-up in Trusmadi ? I may organise a team to climb it in December this year if all goes well.

Last edited by Junkers 109 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total

7Mount Kinabalu Empty Re: Mount Kinabalu Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:27 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Junkers, you mentioned a 'hike' in hike rates. Laughing
How much DOES it cost?

8Mount Kinabalu Empty Re: Mount Kinabalu Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:50 am

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

9Mount Kinabalu Empty Re: Mount Kinabalu Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:32 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

thanks for the link Mysterio

although, i wouldn't have had a clue about hike rate compariosn, the reported 500% increase in lodging does serve to deter avid climbers and first-timers alike.

shame really, since you only hear good things about Mt. Kinabalu.

Shakehead

10Mount Kinabalu Empty Re: Mount Kinabalu Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:50 pm

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

Talks on reducing cost to climb Mt Kinabalu
By MUGUNTAN VANAR

KOTA KINABALU: Sabah is taking steps to make climbing up Mount Kinabalu affordable following an outcry over spiralling cost.

State Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister Datuk Masidi Manjun said they were in discussions with Sutera Sanctuary Lodges (SSL), which provides accommodation at Kinabalu Park, for the firm to offer cheaper packages.

Then again anyone up for Mount Trusmadi ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum