TalkSabah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TalkSabah

Discuss,Share, inspire..

You are not connected. Please login or register

What can you remember from Primary School ?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

Time primary school, lets see...

sy ingat jelas sekali ketika melukis dan mewarna gambar burung-burung toucan, kakak tua, sama iceberg-iceberg antartik dari buku-buku Childcraft. Terus kita jual $10.00 sehelai lukisan pada masa Recess. Ramai jugala yang berminat beli, ada sy ingat dapat sampai $20+ tetapi akhirnya Tuan pengetua kasi sound (tanpa menyebut nama ) semasa perhimpunan pagi Hari Isnin di St Simon Fung.

Laughing

https://talksabah.forumotion.com

2What can you remember from Primary School ? Empty In the cobwebs of my mind... Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:08 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Wow talk about a flashback. Yes, primary school.
I was schooled in a convent during both my primary and secondary school years.
Kellock Convent (which always got teased to being the Kellog Cornflakes school, like what the hell's so insulting about being called a breakfast cereal??)

And then, went to St.Theresa's Convent for secondary education.

But the threads about primary school. I remember playing in something called the dog house, some cemeneted structure. Funny thing is our school didnt have any dogs. And there was also a little fish pond somewhere back. Tuck shop food rocked. All sorts of junk could be bought for a mere 50cents. If you had a dollar back then, you were LOADED. lol.

But to get additional income, i remember selling individual torn out posters of pre-pubescant celebrity mags to my hormone-charged classmates. Their folks wouldn't let em buy such celeb magazines. So i took upon myself to open their world. haha. batting eyelids
Not bad, i could make up to $2 a poster. Celebrities like Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Devon Sawa. haha. Laughing

Where are my entrpreneural skills now.....

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

At least your tuck food shop rocked, all i liked about my canteen was fishballs but the lower primary school students were quite a scene though.

There was an open field a round about where parents come in to drop their 'baggage' off Laughing . Such is this open space separating the canteen and the lower primary school building. When the Recess bell rung, they would sprint and race across that very field and straight for the canteen... jumping over drains and gravel, but you can find $$ coins and notes in the drains and if youre lucky enough, Rm 10, Rm 20.00... and RM 50 woud be a jackpot.

Last edited by Junkers 109 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Poncho

Regular
Regular

Hey room
New here, but its a place to start hahaha

Primary school years,..

1. wed make paper boats and set sail, and end it by sinking it with stones.
2. Paper planes
3. the eraser game, flip the eraser onto the other to win
4. the pen game, flick the pen of the table you win.
5. main lastik.
6. burning ants with magnifying glass
7. stapler , tum tacs on chairs

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

Welcome to TalkSabah Forums Poncho, our secretary will be with you shortly... Laughing

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

Will be back in a while. Have to check my primary school archives.

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

Mysterio wrote:Will be back in a while. Have to check my primary school archives.

Mysterio sekolah di KK ka dulu ?

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

Not KK. Primary school somewhere in Tuaran. And primary school is paling best in my life.

1. Bikin paper planes. Can finish one exercise book per day but stopped because my father grounded me for a week.
2. Rubber band game.
3. Main lastik like Poncho
4. Main marbles.
5. Making kites. I was good at this. Other kids beli the material and saya yg bikin. Charged them RM2 for each kite. I think I got more than RM20.

About break-time food, I think kita semua makan junk food...sedaaaap.

KiCkOutPTI

Regular
Regular

My primary life, full of games and excitement. Examples are listed below:

1. Main guli.
2. Betumbuk. It's pretty funny when we all grew up later and chatted about it. We actually realized that we fought among each other for silly,stupid reasons. We even fought over pencile or rubber Twitter .
3. Police sentry Twitter . It's actually police and thieve. Who the hell create those words. Probably it was introduced during our father's era by some uneducated local teachers. Thanks to them anyway because this game made me jogged during my early days. I'm a heavy smoker, presently Mad .
4. We brought some action pack figures like the Transformers or teenage mutant ninja turtles characters to the schools. During the recess time, we would play among ourselves anywhere in the school with the action figures instead of filling our stomach with some food.
4. Classy game, yo-yo.
5. Girls. I must admit I failed to get any girl during those years. Did I like someone during those years? I guess not. But some of my friends manage to get their girls. What surprise me later in my teenage years, some of those ugly-dork turned out very pretty while the pretty became ugly Giggle .

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

KiCkOutPTI wrote:

5. Girls. I must admit I failed to get any girl during those years. Did I like someone during those years? I guess not. But some of my friends manage to get their girls. What surprise me later in my teenage years, some of those ugly-dork turned out very pretty while the pretty became ugly Giggle .

I agree with you on this one bro Laughing

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Not to sound crude or anything. But i guess, every dog has its day?
Everyone will get their 15mins?

But yes, i have noticed this, the bookworms,came out total babes after leaving school. Whereas the babes back then kinda played the game too much, they've gotten tired and then gone into recluse. Some of whom have settled down with 2 kids and counting!

KiCkOutPTI

Regular
Regular

Well, you got your point there pilot. B*&ches and bookworms. How bout the physical beauty transition? Some ugly do change into superstar beauty. In my case, I used to laugh at this ugly girl to the point that she even cried Mad . Maybe trauma for her. Years later, I regret. What a beauty now. She still talk to me, but I'm pretty sure she wants to punch me as well Laughing .

KiCkOutPTI

Regular
Regular

Mysterio wrote:
KiCkOutPTI wrote:

I agree with you on this one bro Laughing

Only boys can sense that Twitter

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

KiCkOutPTI wrote:Well, you got your point there pilot. B*&ches and bookworms. How bout the physical beauty transition? Some ugly do change into superstar beauty. In my case, I used to laugh at this ugly girl to the point that she even cried Mad . Maybe trauma for her. Years later, I regret. What a beauty now. She still talk to me, but I'm pretty sure she wants to punch me as well Laughing .

good gosh. so you were one of those fellas eh? lemme guess, were you somewhat popular back in school? like a real jock type?
if i were that girl, i woulda flirted with you, made you think you had a chance and then leave the trail cold faster than you can say, 'hey! what the hell's going on??!!'
Laughing Laughing

i was never laughed at for being unattractive per se, but more so for weird behaviour. i was looked upon with half fear of the unknown and half jest. never really bothered me since i always knew i was a little 'off' as they say.... Suspect

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

PilotInspektor wrote:

i was never laughed at for being unattractive per se, but more so for weird behaviour. i was looked upon with half fear of the unknown and half jest. never really bothered me since i always knew i was a little 'off' as they say.... Suspect [/color][/font]

Dont go back on your words, Pilot. Laughing

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

*stands on podium*
i hereby swear to uphold weird behaviour till the good lord takes my last breath away.

Laughing

but for real though,no 'takesies-backsies', what's said is said and i thought long and hard before hitting on that 'Send' button.

Laughing

Bring on the mayhem... Cool

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

Jest, jokes, pranks, teasing, puppy love, KiCkOutPTI's ugly ducklings who grew up to be swans and flew away..where have they all gone? Now it's lost buddies, broken promises...etc etc. Really miss those days.

Last edited by Mysterio on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

KiCkOutPTI

Regular
Regular

PilotInspektor wrote:
KiCkOutPTI wrote:Well, you got your point there pilot. B*&ches and bookworms. How bout the physical beauty transition? Some ugly do change into superstar beauty. In my case, I used to laugh at this ugly girl to the point that she even cried Mad . Maybe trauma for her. Years later, I regret. What a beauty now. She still talk to me, but I'm pretty sure she wants to punch me as well Laughing .

good gosh. so you were one of those fellas eh? lemme guess, were you somewhat popular back in school? like a real jock type?
if i were that girl, i woulda flirted with you, made you think you had a chance and then leave the trail cold faster than you can say, 'hey! what the hell's going on??!!'
Laughing Laughing

i was never laughed at for being unattractive per se, but more so for weird behaviour. i was looked upon with half fear of the unknown and half jest. never really bothered me since i always knew i was a little 'off' as they say.... Suspect

You don't have to be so mean Laughing . Yeah, I wish I wasn't that popular back those days. I hurt lotsa feeling, teachers and other parents as well.

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

KiCkOutPTI wrote:[[

You don't have to be so mean Laughing . Yeah, I wish I wasn't that popular back those days. I hurt lotsa feeling, teachers and other parents as well.

I apologise. I meant all of that in jest. jocolor Kinda sucks to be at the receiving end of mean behaviour huh? But, i guess its all good now eh. I mean, we've all grown up. Perhaps still some more growing up to do. But those were the formative years. Good times....
cheers

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

Hey guys let's turn the subject around a bit. Was there anything that happened to you that you wish had not happened?
Me I got mugged by 2 bullies. I fought back and - you guessed it - I lost.

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Mysterio wrote:Hey guys let's turn the subject around a bit. Was there anything that happened to you that you wish had not happened?
Me I got mugged by 2 bullies. I fought back and - you guessed it - I lost.

Right there Mysterio. You said it alright. BULLIES. I was bullied a lot in primary school. It got pretty bad that i used to run from the last session of class, straight to the school bus in fear that i would get held up at some stairwell. But one day, as most would agree, i figured i've had enough of it. I faced the biggest bully i had, you heard me right. The BIGGEST. Meaning i had a FEW bullies on my back. So it old this bully to back of and to get her own soda if she was THAT damn thirsty. *cheers* She was stunned. And she backed off. cheers

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

Then there was a teacher who has a certain dislike for me simply because I hated her class. Laughing

Next topic: Pranks on teachers. Care to start on this Pilot?

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Mysterio wrote:Then there was a teacher who has a certain dislike for me simply because I hated her class. Laughing

Next topic: Pranks on teachers. Care to start on this Pilot?

I shall succumb, temptation is too great to resist this subject.

*flashback* , Note: Not so much a prank as a rude awakening rather.

I was in Primary 4. I had THE worst Math teacher. And she also happened to be the form teacher of the class. Same term in Malaysia? So her name was Nancy... *figures why i hate that name on sight,lol*
She was an old maid, but she had a wicked sense of style. Superb legs as i recall. But she also had a wicked slap. She used to slap students. I was subjected to this one time, i wasnt paying attention during one of her classes (normal for me), and she singled me out. Called me out to the front of the class. She told me to tie up my hair. I did. I'm thinking....she's intrested in hairdressing now?
Boy was i wrong.She then proceeded to double-slap me. On the left and right sides of of my face. I think she must have hit the temples pretty close, coz i started to bleed outta my nose. She then said, "Look at your stained uniform, go clean yourself up, you dirty little girl." Shakehead Mad

I went to the Principal's office. Informed principal. Then i called my mother. She came down that evening. Spoke with principal, and get this. The principal sided for the teacher, saying that she's a lonely womanand therefore frustrated. Apaprently she's had several complaints about said teacher. Most parents dropped 'charges'. My mom requested to at least have me transfered out of her class. Too late in the school year for that. So i stuck it through the remainder 4 months. but my mom had a word with the teacher.

So basicall, Teacher's Day comes rolling by, and all the kids were making cards for the beloved educators. I made one too, for Ms. Nancy. And so happened the Principal was sitting in the class to watch over as they do sometimes. So Nancy was opening cards, then came mine. She was surprised i'd wanted to make her card after all the drama. It was a very sweet card, i made it myself. Said on front, "Aside from being a great Math teacher, you are more importantly, *flip card open*, "the Devil reborn."
Laughing Laughing

Plain and simple. She went red from embarassment. The principal couldnt help but giggle a little. THe rest of the kids laughed. She tried her best to never talk to me after that.

Fond memories indeed....

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

Pilot, I give you full marks for your ingenuity and originality.
Were you in Singapore then? I didn't know they allow corporal punishment in Singapore or she wouldn't have slapped you like that.
I never had the honour Laughing of being the recipient of such punishment. Instead I was made to run 2 laps around our football field for looking sleepy in her class. That happened on two occasions and each time I had an audience of around 200 pupils. At the start of the final term holidays, which also meant I would not be in her class the following year, she got two flat tyres, courtesy of the marathon runner.

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Mysterio wrote:Pilot, I give you full marks for your ingenuity and originality.
Were you in Singapore then? I didn't know they allow corporal punishment in Singapore or she wouldn't have slapped you like that.
I never had the honour Laughing of being the recipient of such punishment. Instead I was made to run 2 laps around our football field for looking sleepy in her class. That happened on two occasions and each time I had an audience of around 200 pupils. At the start of the final term holidays, which also meant I would not be in her class the following year, she got two flat tyres, courtesy of the marathon runner.

Thank Sir for the full marks. Yes, i was schooled in Singapore. And sidenote to KickOutPTI, in the event you're reading this. I am not a Canadian. Nor have I been schooled there. But I can locate it on the world map.

Well, corporal punishment as far as i know, isn't allowed. But for some reason...i'm sure it is still practiced.
I think getting slapped was the worst thing to ever happen to me by a teacher. Other ridiculous ones were things like having chalk projectiled at me, i was again daydreaming during English Lit. You CAN'T blame me man....it was Romeo & Juliet....i knew how the story ended and felt no need to pay attention. Shakehead

My last remark would be, all hail the slashin of tyres technique. It's old school and most importantly it works. And a REAL pain in the behind for the victim. Laughing

Class adjourned....i'll meet you in the canteen
for some Milo Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum