TalkSabah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TalkSabah

Discuss,Share, inspire..

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Empty Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:06 am

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

Daily Express report: "Lahad Datu: Police sent rapid reinforcements of 80 officers and personnel from the General Operations Force (GOF) and Federal Reserve Unit (FRU) after two groups involving 12 men burnt Sabah flags in the township, here, Saturday.

District Police Chief Supt Mohd Suhaimi Abd Rahman said they received a report on the act committed by the men aged between 14 and 41 at 8.40am and immediately went to the scene where they found the two groups in the vicinity."
Read more at http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=64003

I hate to be a doomsayer but I fear the PTI takeover of Sabah has begun. Burning the State flag in Sabah is no laughing matter.

2Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Empty Re: Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:13 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

Ive heard of the news, but i reckon it could be just a bunch of clowns that like to 'play Sultan'.

Im angered by the thought that they now dare to go public with this sentiment and yet the current government of the day still thinks its a very good idea to keep such people.

https://talksabah.forumotion.com

3Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Empty Re: Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:39 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

Mysterio wrote:Daily Express report: "Lahad Datu: Police sent rapid reinforcements of 80 officers and personnel from the General Operations Force (GOF) and Federal Reserve Unit (FRU) after two groups involving 12 men burnt Sabah flags in the township, here, Saturday.

District Police Chief Supt Mohd Suhaimi Abd Rahman said they received a report on the act committed by the men aged between 14 and 41 at 8.40am and immediately went to the scene where they found the two groups in the vicinity."
Read more at http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=64003

I hate to be a doomsayer but I fear the PTI takeover of Sabah has begun. Burning the State flag in Sabah is no laughing matter.

The situation is under control ? I can only pray that this is not part of a wider sentiment among illegal migrants residing in the country but im interested to discuss how this problem can be resolved.

Dont remove a weed without taking out the roots. Deprive it of the businesses, networks and resources feeding its activity in the state and it will shrivel off.

Unfortunately, arresting isn't to do enough to contain such threats but to re-educate 'them' why it is irrelevant to pursue the matter any further can help work to neutralise ground support. Tell 'them' That it isnt worth risking your neck out there to keep flogging a dead horse.

The police will have to work more closely with the media, in order to counter such slanderous wild claims about Sabah belonging to Sulu royals( now defunct)

4Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Empty Heres another newspaper report Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:56 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

N THE ALERT... Police in anti-riot gear seeking shelter from the heavy downpour at the scene where Sabah flags were burnt.
5th April, 2009

LAHAD DATU: Police have arrested 12 people including a man who claimed to be a descendent of the Sultan of Sulu, for burning our State flags yesterday.

District police chief Supt Md Suhaimi Abdul Rahman said at about 8.40am, police received information that a group of men had burned six Sabah flags in front of the town’s market and a supermarket.

He said some of the men were also seen carrying yellow flags with a red insignia of a lion on them.

By the time police reached the scene, the men fled and the State flags were found burnt.

Suhaimi added that some of the men then were seen running towards the district police headquarters where they were promptly arrested and being investigated for illegal assembly.

“We are still investigating the motive of the incident but a 41-year-old man who was said to be the group’s leader had also claimed that he was a descendent of the Sultan of Sulu,” Suhaimi added.

Those detained by the police were all males aged between 14 and 41. More than 80 police personnel were immediately deployed around the town area following the incident.

Meanwhile, Lahad Datu assemblyman Datuk Nasrun Datu Mansor said the incident was an isolated one caused by individuals trying to cause a disturbance in the town.

“This was nothing more than actions of some irresponsible people,” he said. He added that Lahad Datu residents had nothing to worry as police had the security situation under control.

Personally i feel this isnt an isolated incident, memories of attempted instigation is still afresh in my mind where i refer to two newspaper reports in the past.

1. Remember the leaflets threatening violence against locals and police ?
2. Remember the Daily Express newspaper article which publicized the Claim of this (probably the same man) who claims to be a descendant of the Sultan of Sulu. I believe they were carrying that very same flag.
3. Foreign newspapers being circulated illegally in Filipino language.
4 online threats in You tube

could all this be inter-connected? Its been going on and the Police turns a blind eye on it... such threats should be treated like how Malaya treated Communism in the past

5Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Empty Re: Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:03 pm

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

I seriously believe anything to do with the Philippines' (Suluk) claim on Sabah are connected. There may be factions among the Suluk leaders but their ultimate aim is to "regain" Sabah. I also believe that the Filipinos who are now Malaysian citizens (regardless how they obtained their citizenship), and their children will all fight for the Suluks if they decide to invade Sabah.
The first sign of their intention to "retake" Sabah was made known with the launch of www.sandakan.com sometimes in late 1999 (maybe early 2000s). The website is still active.
Then followed the publication of Suara Tausug and the claim made by some Kiram dude about him being the rightful heir to the Sultanate of Sulu.
I'm sure if the Suluks decide to invade Sabah they will get some help from some parties in Indonesia.

BTW an old publication titled "The Philippines' Claim On Sabah" by Michael Leifer records all political, demographical and the details of the agreement between the British, Philippines, Malaysia and Brunei about Sabah. Too bad I lost my copy.

6Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Empty Re: Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:04 am

KiCkOutPTI

Regular
Regular

Isolated case? His statement sounds to me like he's saving someone ass. That's a violation that you cannot hide from the citizens. Suluk/Tausug invasion? We probably need to ask Harris, Musa and Mahathir to answer this question (We cannot ask Tun Mustapha to answer since he already left the world).

7Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Empty Re: Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:15 am

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

What I dont understand is why KL is so very reluctant to kick out the PTI. (No pun intended, KiCKOutPTI ) Laughing They only take pathetic, token action to deport the PTIs when they want support from Sabah. They invent a million reasons not to send those illegals back to where they came from. They build detention centres to hold PTIs and feed them on taxpayers' money. Not to mention granting them citizenship. Who knows the burning of the flag is not orchestrated by someone in the government?

8Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Empty Re: Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:35 am

KiCkOutPTI

Regular
Regular

Musa said its illegal gathering. Joker.

9Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Empty Re: Burning of Sabah flag in Lahad Datu Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:44 am

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

Who's Gaman trying to kid?
I stand by my opinion that someone in the government is assisting the "Sulu sultan"'s brat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum