TalkSabah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TalkSabah

Discuss,Share, inspire..

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome New members

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Welcome New members Empty Welcome New members Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

Welcoming all newly registered members with TalkSabah, do feel free to share a little bit of yourself here with the crew before we start taking on the 'main course'

We look forward to your stay and aspire to make your experience a pleasant one here at Talksabah.

Cheers Cool

Last edited by Junkers 109 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total

https://talksabah.forumotion.com

2Welcome New members Empty New Flight Crew Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:57 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Paging all Forum Members
I'm new here. Not a Sabah native but am from the region. Been looking for a worthy forum to join. Hopefully something good can come out of this.

So what's buzzing this week?

Over and out
PilotInspektor
Suspect

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

WHY PilotInspektor...., how nice that you've decided to join us at TalkSabah Forum....

It doesnt matter where youre from, what you do, as long you have decided to be part of our community.Laughing

We shall endeavor to make your experience flying with us a pleasant one indeed. Do make yourself at home and don't hesitate to share with us about any suggestions you have in mind.

4Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

I'm new here. How're you guys doing?

5Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:53 pm

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

Helo Mysterio,

Ahhh its Glad you are part of our humble abode, welcome to d' Forum.... and am reporting to you 'live' from Murdoch campus and currently late for class. oh but chill, its a real pleasure that i take every opportunity to greet new members.

Im alright and hows yourself?
Do make yourself comfortable, theres tea and coffee while I make a run for it. Kudos and Take care all...

Last edited by Junkers 109 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:55 am; edited 4 times in total

6Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:10 pm

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

PilotInspektor wrote:Paging all Forum Members
I'm new here. Not a Sabah native but am from the region. Been looking for a worthy forum to join. Hopefully something good can come out of this.

So what's buzzing this week?

Over and out
PilotInspektor
Suspect

The week? or do you mean week-ends...? lol

If youre planning a real retreat or a getaway somewhere in the islands surrounded by shimmering azure seas and pearl sands. Do let us know... we coud all catch a sunset or two and some barbeque

7Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:16 pm

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Hi there Mysterio,
I'm new to this neck of the woods too.
waiting for more unsuspecting mortals to wonder pass this forum. In the meantime it seems to me, the current members of this here forum are pretty mysterious. I say this in reference to the avatars with the hoods and gas masks.

Suspect

8Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:03 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

why its the theme of the evening...surely we should wait until they are most unsuspecting and while we are waiting, we should do just sit around the campfire and pass around the peace pipe...

9Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:41 am

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

PilotInspektor wrote:Hi there Mysterio
I'm new to this neck of the woods too.
waiting for more unsuspecting mortals to wonder pass this forum. In the meantime it seems to me, the current members of this here forum are pretty mysterious. I say this in reference to the avatars with the hoods and gas masks.

You can say that again Inspector Gadget Laughing Actually I kind of like the hood for no particular reason. As for Junkers' gas mask I think it's a souvenir he picked from World War II. Laughing

Happy to be here though...it's always good to be among the first.

Last edited by Mysterio on Sat May 02, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:17 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

well Mysterio,

Firstly thank you, now I have half a mind to promote people to moderator status but we'll wait till things warm up in here.

About gas masks I think I've got to you that I'm a sucker when it comes for these things really, gas masks, trench motorbikes and other ghastly machinations Laughing

but while things are still fresh from the oven I have an interesting question...wheres everyone from ?

Last edited by Junkers 109 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

11Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:55 am

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

I'm Sabahan but not in Sabah right now. I know boss Junkers is in Murdoch University. And the Pilot is working in KK, maybe something associated with aviation. Right Inspector? Laughing

12Welcome New members Empty Final Boarding Call Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:37 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

*switches on mic* *flicks other switches*
*tap tap*
Test...Test 1....Test 2...is this thing on??

This is your Pilot speaking. Welcome aboard Singapore Airlines. Flight SQ017. Today we will be headed for the sandy shores of Timbaktu. Weather is yet to be determined. There will however be a vast display of rainbows. Yes. Rainbows. So have your digicams at the ready.
We will be cruising at a comfortable altitude of 50,000 miles above sea level. Please ensure you have fastened your seatbelts, harnesses and handcuffs. We will NOT be responsible for any loss of property, children or minds.

If you feel the need to panic, please look into the bag below your seat, where you will find two 20mg pills of Prozac. Just pop one or two and you should be experiencing a 'pleasant flight' in no time.

A little background on myself, I hail from Singapore. And i am in no way related to the aviation industry. As you may have guessed from my attempt of a pre-flight address to the passengers.

Laughing

I do however endeavour as a member of this forum, to conduct myself in the best state of mental health as I can muster.

Bon voyage, Bon chance and Bon Bons for all!!

13Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:04 am

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

You almost had me fooled there for a moment Pilot. Laughing
Anyway, you ever been to Sabah? If yes, any particular places in Sabah that you like/dislike?
BTW a few years ago it was an offence to chew gum in public places in S'pore. Is the rule still in effect?

14Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:06 pm

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

Mysterio wrote:You almost had me fooled there for a moment Pilot. Laughing
Anyway, you ever been to Sabah? If yes, any particular places in Sabah that you like/dislike?
BTW a few years ago it was an offence to chew gum in public places in S'pore. Is the rule still in effect?

Almost had you fooled eh? hehe.

About the gum rule. You can chew gum. You're just not allowed to sell it. So if someone had bought some gum elsewhere, no harm in chewing it.

What the SHOULD disallow are people who chew beetlenut....not the sight of that is just nasty.

There are a lot more other stuff you can't do here, most of which escapes me right now. But i think it is the chewing gum law that really sets us apart from the rest of the world community, and not in a good way. More in a 'Ripley's Believe It or Not' kinda way. LOL.

Why yes, i've had the pleasure of going to Sabah some 7 or 8 years ago. I was initially reluctant to go. But i'm glad i did. I guess what i liked most about it is how it's not congested. There was space. Not to mention the views were spectacular. I also like checking out the indigenous peoples you have there. Next time i'm there, would like to see more. Plus i'm quite the sucker for ethnic jewellery pieces etc.

Yea, so for me, the space did it. That's what i enjoy during my roadtrips to malaysia.

What I didn't like, was not so much to do with the place per se. Thing is, I got followed at a smallish shopping mall beside the Kinabalu Hyatt. I was walking around alone, trying to get away from the parent set. And I realised two fellas were always closeby, so I weaved in and out of the place and managed to lose them after a couple minutes. A little unerving of course. Since it was my first time checking out the mall and so I wasn't too sure about the available exits. LOL. But alls well.

So whereabouts are you now Mysterio?

15Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:35 pm

Mysterio

Mysterio
Recruit
Recruit

PilotInspektor wrote:

So whereabouts are you now Mysterio?

Assuming that I can walk across the oceans, over mountains, thru forests, deserts and plains; assuming that I walk in a straight line at 2 miles per hour non-stop, I could knock on your door in about 200 days. And that's a fact. Laughing

16Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:22 am

Junkers 109

Junkers 109
Flag Bearer
Flag Bearer

well you forgotten about the elevators friend... Laughing but 200 days will suffice I reckon

17Welcome New members Empty Re: Welcome New members Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:39 am

PilotInspektor

PilotInspektor
Recruit
Recruit

[quote="Mysterio"]
PilotInspektor wrote:

Assuming that I can walk across the oceans, over mountains, thru forests, deserts and plains; assuming that I walk in a straight line at 2 miles per hour non-stop, I could knock on your door in about 200 days. And that's a fact. Laughing

again with the mystery.... Laughing

in 200days huh. i better start identification alteration....
Suspect Suspect

*retreats into the shadows...* Suspect

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum